Thursday, April 19, 2018

Are You Taking Enough Protein?

Let's have a quick check! Do you have these symptoms? 


  • Dry & brittle hair and nail?
  • Weak immunity?
  • Older skin?
  • Weight gain?
  • Fatigue?
  • Weak bones?

Does it sounds like you? Hehe. 

Then perhaps, it's time to give your body a boost with PROTEIN!!

Being the most essential nutrients for a healthy body, protein is undeniably important as it plays various role towards your body.

How much protein do you really need in a day? Actually, the recommended protein intake is different for everyone. It varies according to your age, height, weight, gender, your activities and also whether or not you are pregnant. 

Let's play around with this "Protein Intake Calculator". Try it. It's fun!!

Formula = Age X Recommended daily protein/kg intake (see 'protein guide', below)

For example, a 38 year old woman weighing 70 kg would use the formula as below:

0.75 X 70 = 52.5 gm of protein




So, based on the formula given, my target daily protein intake is about 35 gm. How about you? 

If you do not have the idea how much 35 gm of protein is, then perhaps this chart below can give you a rough idea of how much food I need to take in order to fulfill my daily recommended protein intake. 




Based on the figure above, I need double portions for each of the food.  Haha!!

Amino acids are the building blocks that make up protein. There are 20 different amino acids in all, and different proteins provide different combinations of amino acids in varying ratios [1].

Since each high-protein food contains a different amino-acid profile, it's important to eat a range of protein sources. In other words, don't just eat chicken breast five times a day. Great protein sources include lean meats, cottage cheese, eggs and fish. If you are vegan, eat plenty of legumes, nuts, and seeds. 

If you find it tough to get enough protein from dietary sources, use protein supplements to hit your numbers. That's why I am now taking ESP Protein everyday. 


One serving of ESP is equivalent to 14 gm of protein. For the remaining 21 gm of protein,  I can just get it from my normal diet in order to meet a total of 35 gm of my daily protein intake.

Are you taking enough Protein everyday? 

Make sure you do the calculations ya. If you are looking for protein supplement, you can always look for me. 

You are lucky because we have promotion for ESP this month. Grab it now before it's too late. 




Just give me a whatsapp message for more info. 

I give BEST DEAL to all my customers! 


013-8033850
Dr. Mommy F (1243458)
Shaklee Independent Distributor


References
1. Bruce, A., Johnson, A., Lewis, J., Raff, M., Roberts, K., & Walters, P. (2002). The shape and structure of proteins. Molecular Biology of the Cell. 






References











No comments:

Post a Comment

Criteria for Choosing A Quality Fish Oil!

I am very particular when it comes to something which I am going to put into my mouth. Yes, that's how fussy I am. Before I decide ...